Due to the coronavirus (covid-19), Madison Mennonite Church will be meeting online for Christian Education (4pm) and worship (5pm) for an indefinite amount of time. Please contact us if you have any questions or wish to access the church Zoom link to participate remotely.
We meet for worship at 5pm on Sunday evenings. Christian Education is offered before worship at 4pm.
Recent MMC Worship recordings are available in audio formats. Please click on the link below to listen! MMC has purchased a license from OneLicense.net to reproduce music in a podcast format. Our license is #734811-A and is valid 5/4/2020-5/3/2022.
- May 2, 2021 – 5th Sunday after Easter; Sermon: Pastor Valerie
- April 18, 2021 – Celebrating Mennonites in Madison history project
- April 4, 2021 – Easter Sunday; Sermon: Pastor Valerie
- Mar. 21, 2021 – 5th Sunday of Lent; Sermon: Charles Baraka
- Mar. 7, 2021 – 3rd Sunday of Lent; Sermon: Rev. Sue Park-Hur
- Feb. 21, 2021 – 1st Sunday of Lent; Sermon: Pastor Valerie
- Feb. 7, 2021 – 5th Sunday after Epiphany; Sermon: Pastor Valerie
Koinonia Group Worship Liturgies: In Sept. 2020, we shifted our worship approach to include twice-monthly small group worship. On the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month, we meet in “Koinonia Groups” for worship, fellowship, nurture, and Bible Study. All are welcome to join in these services as well — please contact us for more information.
- Koinonia Group Worship – May 9, 2021 – Resilience and Reflection
- Koinonia Group Worship – Apr. 25, 2021 – Earth Day
- Koinonia Group Worship – Apr. 11, 2021 – Everyday Spirituality
- Koinonia Group Worship – Mar. 28, 2021 – Palm Sunday
- Koinonia Group Worship – Mar. 14, 2021 – Fourth Sunday of Lent
Koinonia Group Worship – Feb. 14, 2021 – Self-Love and Sexuality
Koinonia Group Worship – Jan. 24, 2021 – Compassionate Care
Koinonia Group Worship – Jan. 10, 2021 – Sustaining Faith
- Koinonia Group Worship – Dec. 13, 2020 – Expecting Weeping, Surprised by Joy
- Koinonia Group Worship – Nov. 22, 2020 – Thanksgiving
- Koinonia Group Worship – Nov. 8, 2020 – Building Relationships for Racial Justice
- Koinonia Group Worship – Oct 25, 2020 – Politics and Christian Faith
- Koinonia Group Worship – Oct. 11, 2020 – Engaging Scripture as Spiritual Practice
- Koinonia Group Worship – Sept. 27, 2020 – Discovering Koinonia
What To Expect
On an average Sunday, about 100 of us gather for worship. Our services tend to be multi-voiced, leaning into the diverse gifts of our worship leaders, congregants, and pastor. We follow both the Revised Common Lectionary and the Spirit’s guiding into themes beyond the lectionary. Worship consists of music (often hymns sung a capella or with accompaniment), Bible readings, stories, a children’s time, a sermon/reflection, sharing of joys and concerns, and prayer. Shared leadership is a key element of our worship services and of all aspects of our community life. As such, members of the congregation share leadership with the pastor to plan, lead, and produce the worship service. Dress is casual and kids are welcome to participate in the service.
Worship services are held Sunday evenings beginning at 5:00pm. We meet in the Orchard Ridge United Church of Christ building located at the corner of Gilbert Road and Tolman Terrace a few blocks south of the intersection of Whitney Way and Gilbert Road. See the map for detailed directions.