Due to the coronavirus (covid-19), Madison Mennonite Church is meeting in a variety of ways for Christian Education (4pm) and Worship (5pm), both virtually and in-person. Please contact us to learn more about the different opportunities for joining us during this time.
We meet for worship at 5pm on Sunday evenings. Currently, we meet for “all-church” worship on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays via Zoom or in a hybrid format. On the 2nd and 4th Sundays, we meet for worship in small groups (Koinonia Groups). If you’d like to join us for any of these worship services, please contact us for more information! You are most welcome!
Christian Education is offered before worship at 4pm, Sept.-June.
Recent MMC Worship recordings are available in audio formats. Please click on the link below to listen! MMC has purchased a license from OneLicense.net to reproduce music in a podcast format. Our license is #734811-A and is valid 5/4/2020-5/3/2022.
- September 19, 2021 – Finding Sabbath; Sermon: Pastor Valerie
- September 5, 2021 – Noticing the Grain of the Universe in Creation; Sermon: J. Denny Weaver
- August 29, 2021 – Settling Our Bodies in Raging Storms; Sermon: Pastor Valerie
- August 15, 2021 – What We Need Is Here + Communion; Sermon: Pastor Valerie
- August 1, 2021 – Bearing With One Another In Love – A Collective Sermon
- July 18, 2021 – Ellie Kosek’s Baptism; Homily: Pastor Valerie
Koinonia Group Worship Liturgies: In Sept. 2020, we shifted our worship approach to include twice-monthly small group worship. On the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month, we meet in “Koinonia Groups” for worship, fellowship, nurture, and Bible Study. All are welcome to join in these services as well — please contact us for more information.
- Koinonia Group Worship – Sept. 26, 2021 – Letting Ourselves Be Loved (Sabbath Series)
- Koinonia Group Worship – Aug. 22, 2021 – Praise!
Koinonia Group Worship – Aug. 8, 2021 – Making Space, Taking Space
- Koinonia Group Worship – July 25, 2021 – Christian Service
- Koinonia Group Worship – June 27, 2021 – Trusting in One Another and God
- Koinonia Group Worship – June 13, 2021 – Radical Inclusivity
- Koinonia Group Worship – May 23, 2021 – Opening Ourselves to the Wilderness
- Koinonia Group Worship – May 9, 2021 – Resilience and Reflection
- Koinonia Group Worship – Apr. 25, 2021 – Earth Day
- Koinonia Group Worship – Apr. 11, 2021 – Everyday Spirituality
- Koinonia Group Worship – Mar. 28, 2021 – Palm Sunday
- Koinonia Group Worship – Mar. 14, 2021 – Fourth Sunday of Lent
Koinonia Group Worship – Feb. 14, 2021 – Self-Love and Sexuality
Koinonia Group Worship – Jan. 24, 2021 – Compassionate Care
Koinonia Group Worship – Jan. 10, 2021 – Sustaining Faith
- Koinonia Group Worship – Dec. 13, 2020 – Expecting Weeping, Surprised by Joy
- Koinonia Group Worship – Nov. 22, 2020 – Thanksgiving
- Koinonia Group Worship – Nov. 8, 2020 – Building Relationships for Racial Justice
- Koinonia Group Worship – Oct 25, 2020 – Politics and Christian Faith
- Koinonia Group Worship – Oct. 11, 2020 – Engaging Scripture as Spiritual Practice
- Koinonia Group Worship – Sept. 27, 2020 – Discovering Koinonia
What To Expect
On an average Sunday, about 100 of us gather for worship. Our services tend to be multi-voiced, leaning into the diverse gifts of our worship leaders, congregants, and pastor. We follow both the Revised Common Lectionary and the Spirit’s guiding into themes beyond the lectionary. Worship consists of music (often hymns sung a capella or with accompaniment), Bible readings, stories, a children’s time, a sermon/reflection, sharing of joys and concerns, and prayer. Shared leadership is a key element of our worship services and of all aspects of our community life. As such, members of the congregation share leadership with the pastor to plan, lead, and produce the worship service. Dress is casual and kids are welcome to participate in the service.
Worship services are held Sunday evenings beginning at 5:00pm. We meet in the Orchard Ridge United Church of Christ building located at the corner of Gilbert Road and Tolman Terrace a few blocks south of the intersection of Whitney Way and Gilbert Road. See the map for detailed directions.